11.11.2014

Food Drive

Every year, my family gets the opportunity to do a "big give" through our foundation, Moss Family Foundation. This year, I got to include my youth in my ward. We all went to WalMart and chose food to give to the food bank for families in need for Thanksgiving. I made a game out of it so it would be more fun for them. I gave them a list of food items to get plus bonus items to get if they had time. I gave them 30 minutes to shop. Well, within 7 minutes, the first group was done. Within 15 minutes, the rest of the girl groups finished. And when time was up, the boys teams all finished. It was funny that the boys all finished last. We all went through one line and I had each kid guess the final total. I think they all had fun with it. 
My plan after was to just take the food to the food bank in Provo, but then found out Daniel's school was doing a food drive. I decided to donate the food to the Special Needs class that my friend teaches so they could win the drive and get a pizza party! They were so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.