Lincoln's Birth Story.
On Monday, March 2nd, Lucy and I hung around the house. I was still in nesting mode trying to get laundry done, the house cleaned, and items of my checklist completed before the arrival of baby boy set to be induced on March 5.
On Monday, March 2nd, Lucy and I hung around the house. I was still in nesting mode trying to get laundry done, the house cleaned, and items of my checklist completed before the arrival of baby boy set to be induced on March 5.
At 11, I went to my last appointment at Dr. Anderson’s. He said he could strip my membranes and it could possibly induce labor. I opted out cuz it hurt so bad last time. But, he when he check me, I could tell that he did it a little. He said I was dilated to a 2.5 and about 80% effaced. We set induction time to be at 6 in the morning on March 5. Then I was out the door.
The rest of the day, I finished laundry, we had family home evening, and we watched some shows. I was having minor uncomfortable cramps, but nothing too terrible. Dan and I went to bed and....
By one in the morning, I woke up having contractions. I couldn’t fall back to sleep and so I started to time them. They were about 5 minutes a part. I decided this time to endure the contractions and not to wake Daniel up until they were closer together. I couldn’t fall back to sleep, so I stayed awake on my phone and then breathed through those 30 second, painful contractions. Around 3, I was so exhausted and tired, I would sleep 4 minutes, then wake up and go through another contraction. Around 5 in the morning, Dan woke up cuz he could hear me breathing so loud. He asked if I was going through a contraction, and I couldn’t answer him because it was so painful. He insisted that we go to the hospital now, but I said no cuz I was afraid to get sent home again like I did with Lucy. At 6, they were about a minute and a half a part. So I decided it was go time. I showered and got ready, we packed our stuff and then Daniel’s dad came down around 7:30 so he could be with Lucy when she woke up. The drive to the hospital was shorter, yes, but way worse. I was moaning and was so whiney with Daniel. We got to Mountain View hospital in Payson. Check in took forever. Yikes, I was hurting so bad. We were admitted and I changed into the gown and got into the hospital bed.
The nurse, Stephanie checked me. I was at a 3! Wahoo! She said we will wait for an hour and see if I progress any further. Bummer. That hour went by pretty slow. I just wanted an epidural! At 8:30, she checked me and i was at a 4! Yes! My body is progressing by itself. Daniel kept my mom and Mindy undated. They had to drop everything to come. Mindy changed all of her appointments and got a babysitter for her kids. My dad couldn’t come cuz he was on his way to Boise. That was too bad. So at 9 I was at a 4, but they still didn’t bring me the epidural right after. I had to wait until 10:15 to get it. It seemed sooooo long. There was me and another gal delivering, and she was screaming louder, so she got it first. I asked Daniel if I should do that.
So finally at 10:15 the anesthesiologist came in. It still seemed liked forever for her to put it in. But it went in and it finally started to work. Ahhhhh. Pain free. So nice. I seriously don’t know how anyone can give birth naturally. So at 10:45, Dr. Anderson came in to break my water. He asked if I liked to crochet and showed me the hook he used to break water. He’s funny. He broke my water and I was dilated to a 6!
Around 12:30, I was dilated to a 9! My mom and Mindy got there soon after. Just in time. It was good to see them. I was feeling a little nauseous when they got there and dry heaved a little but noting came up. I was sure to not eat anything big the night before and only ate a yogurt that morning. I was stuck at a 9 for about an hour, so we just chatted and hung out. I put Mindy in charge of pictures this time and so she took so pics while we were waiting. Stephanie came in around 1:30 and I was at a 10! We all took guesses at what his weight was going to be. My mom guessed 7.9, Mindy 7.3(?), Dan 7.2 and me 7.
We waited a little bit while they set up and Dr. Anderson got dressed. At 2:00, I started pushing! I had Dan on my right holding my leg and nurse Bonnie on my left holding my other leg. At one moment, my leg flinched (I didn’t feel it spaz out), but my leg fell off the stirrup. Daniel caught it, but we were all giving him a hard time that he had one job to do. It was funny! Mindy and my mom were by my shoulder taking pics and video. Bonnie would feel my stomach and tell me when I was having a contraction. Then I would take a deep breath and push as hard as I could. It’s always weird to push, because I couldn’t feel a thing down there. I pushed hard 3 times and then rested until my next contraction. I was already crowning though. I pushed through the 2nd contraction and was getting closer. Dr. Anderson said he could see hair. He told us that he hoped it was his head cuz if it was his butt, it would look a lot like dads. Haha, he kept cracking jokes and making all of us laugh, especially my mom. On the 3rd contraction, his head popped out! One more push and his shoulders and the rest of his body came out. Woosh! It was such a crazy feeling to feel him come out. He immediately started crying and I knew he was ok. They put a towel on my tummy and Dr. Anderson laid him on it. He was covered in white goop. Daniel cut his umbilical cord (he didn’t really want to, but I’m glad he did). Then another nurse took him to clean him up. It was another amazing experience and feeling to have another little life come to us. Instant love poured over me for this little man. I was always a little worried about spreading my love, but there is enough for Lucy and this little guy. I’m so lucky to be their mother!
Mindy, Dan and my mom watched as he got cleaned. He had such a soft little screechy cry. It was so cute! I could see far off as Dr. Anderson stitched me up. I tore again. 2nd degree. I don’t know any different though. Dr. Anderson pulled out my placenta and showed it to me saying it was the ugly twin. haha.
They weighed him and he was a whopping 7 pounds 10 ounces. Whoa! What?! I was way smaller with him so I was so surprised that he weighed more. Crazy! My little Lincoln Daniel weighs 7 pounds 10 ounces, was 20 inches long and born at 2:31 pm on March 3, 2015. Welcome to the world little Linc!
Finally Daniel brought him back to me and I got to hold my little guy and look at his face. He looks so much like Lucy! I couldn’t tell if he was more Tervort or Moss, he just looks like Lucy with more hair. It was such a happy moment again holding this little guy. Daniel and I kept looking at him. He could barely open his eyes, but he was calm and started to open one eye. He’s so cute!
Pretty soon after, Lucy came with Dave and Kathy. We put Linc in a bassinet and I greeted Lucy. It was soooo good to see her. She came in looking a little unsure. She climbed up on my bed and I asked her if she wanted to meet her new baby brother. Daniel brought him to her and she was so sweet with him and gave him a kiss. But she was anxious to get off my bed after that. But we popped out the presents. Lincoln gave Lucy some new princess figurines that she was pretty excited about. Then she gave Lincoln a new rattle. She said Happy Birthday Lincoln! So adorable. Grandma and Papa Tervort held baby Lincoln and then Lucy said she wanted to hold him. She did such a great job. She kept wanting to touch his face though.
Everything went so smooth and I’m so happy to be a mother of 2! I was excited that my body went all by itself and it only took 20 minutes to push and only 13 hours of labor. Not bad. It was also a better experience because it was during the day and I was more aware of what was going on the whole time rather than being tired and delirious. I think I went into labor because a storm came in. It was so blizzardy that day, but a pretty blizzard. The flakes were huge. I could see the mountains from the window in the room, it really was a gorgeous day!







































No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.