Hey everyone! I don't, know about you, but my Thanksgiving decorations are pretty sparse. I needed something new and cute to put on my table. I came up with this Give Thanks banner/slat sign. Here is what I did to make it:
Materials used (a little different from the picture):
- Large Slat Sign
- 6 mini triangle banner pieces
- scrapbook paper (I didn't end up using the top yellow one)
- Paint. I used ivory, tompte red, burnt umber, and spice brown. I didn't use the mendocino red.
- Wire (not pictured) I used wire instead of the bakers twine that is pictures
- brushes
- sandpaper
- cricut machine
- contact paper
- wood glue
The Process:
-First I sanded and painted the slat sign ivory. I gave it two coats.
-While that dried, I traced and cut out the flags on the scrapbook paper.
-Then I sanded the flags and then painted the sides of the flags the burnt umber.
-Once the paint dried on the flags, I glued the paper on the flags using wood glue that I painted on the flags. Then I sanded the edges of the paper.
- For the letters, I cut out the word 'thanks' on the cricut machine (mine are 2.5" tall). I used contact paper so that I could stick it to the paper and paint the letters on. Using a smaller brush, I painted the letters ivory. I gave it about 2-3 coats. Then I peeled the sticker off.
- Using black wire, I attached each flag together and curled the ends using a pencil.
- For the GIVE, I cut out those letters 3 inches tall on the cricut. Then again I used the contact paper as a stencil and painted the letters a red color. I mixed the spice brown and tompte red together to make it a tad bit darker. Once that dried, I peeled off the sticker.
I attached the wire on the back using tape. You could also use a staple gun to make it more secure.
And there you have it! Give Thanks!
Happy Thanksgiving!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.