10.09.2015

Wood Co: Halloween BOO Hang

Are you getting some Halloween decorating done? Since moving, I needed some new porch and garden decorations for my new house. I had this shepherds hook with nothing hanging on it, so I came up with these BOO letters to hang up and went to work!


Materials you need:
- BOO letters. You can pick what alphabet you like. I used the Curly Alphabet.
- Paint. I used Ivory, Dark Goldenrod and Terra Cotta
- Stain. I used Provincial
- Ribbon. There's so many cute ones at Wood Co. I used a yard of Black and Orange Polka dot.
- Wire. I used the rustic one that Wood co sells.
- Sandpaper
- Paint brushes
- Hammer


First sand each letter. Then using a sponge brush, paint each letter in a splotchy like way. Leave spots so the stain will show. 


Then take a hammer and rough up each letter. This gives the letters a more rustic look.


Now paint the stain on each letter, then wipe off using a rag or paper towel.


Only a couple more steps! Connect each letter using the wire. Then wrap the ends around a pen to make them curly. Then tie the ribbon onto the B and the hook and you're done!


I Hope this is a good addition to your Halloween porch decor! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.