10.09.2015

Wood Connection: Interchangeable Door Hang- Haunted House

Remember my Interchangeable door hang, I made a year ago for the Wood Connection? Well, I never created a Halloween one for it, so I decided to do it this year. Here is my Haunted House for the interchangeable door hang...

Materials:
- Mini oval banner piece for the door
- Paint: Black, Ivory, Dark Goldenrod
- Scrapbook Paper
- Sandpaper
- Brush
- Wood Glue
- Wire
- Hot glue
- Scissors or paper cutter
- pencil
- Velcro


Don't you love it? It wasn't too hard to make. 

-First I sanded and then painted the house black. 
-Next, I traced the chimney on the black paper and glued it on. I glued this on with wood glue (I spread the glue around with a brush before applying it).Then I traced and then cut out the roof. Then a made up the shapes for the windows. Cut two of those out and apply with wood glue.



- For the door, I painted it dark goldenrod first. Once that dried I traced, cut out and glued on the black paper.
- The pumpkin I painted the goldenrod as well and glued on the orange polkadot paper.


- The Ghost: I painted it ivory. Once that dried I dotted eyes with black paint. 
- I used wire to make it stick out. I curled the wire wrapping it around a pen. Then using hot glue, I glued it onto the ghost and house. I thought it added a fun dimension!
- Then I added velcro on the back and stuck it on!

See this post to create the door hang.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.